COUNTDOWN TO SEASON 2 LAUNCH:
Lore and Quests
Lore and Quests writings/scripts upload
4th January 2023
Upload your lore/quest writings/scripts.
Do it by nick/artist/whatever name, real name or anonymously.
You can write it without any stuff below, just lore or plot or creation of your own imagination.
I (Ravenis) will do that server side "scripting" with pleasure if I have good writings with it!
There will be ppl to review writing quality and is it suitable to add ingame.
Acceptable file formats are:
txt, pdf, docx, doc
(if you use some other format please contact Ravenis on discord).
Here’s the quest structure (you can do that too if you want):
Quest Target Prefab , Amount, Min Level (min level works only on Kill quest in order to set minimum level or target you need to kill)
QuestRewardType: Item/Skill/Pet: prefab, Amount, Level
In-Game Days Cooldown
QuestRequirementType: Skill/OtherQuest/GlobalKey: Name, MinLevel (only use with Skill requirement)
NOTE: If you want quest to be able to autocomplete (no need to speak again with npc and press “Complete” button after score is 100%), then you can write [QuestID=autocomplete]
There are 6 types of quests: Kill, Collect, Harvest, Craft, Talk and Build:
1) Kill - a quest where the Target is a Character (any creature) prefab. You can set minimum level of target creature to kill
2) Collect - a quest where the Target is an Item prefab. Please note that COLLECT is the only quest type that actually TAKES item from player inventory in order to be finished
3) Harvest - a quest where the Target is a Pickable prefab. Example: Pickable_Carrot, Pickable_Stone and so on. For adding score to this quest you would need to Harvest any of those "farm" prefabs
4) Craft - a quest where the Target is a Item prefab. You can set an item level that should be crafted or leave it 1
5) Talk - a quest where the Target is a full NPC name. After interacting with NPC target quest will autocomplete and rewards will be given
6) Build - a quest where the Target is a Piece prefab. Please note that prefabs that you build for quest target won't return any resources on destroy
Quest rewards type:
1) Item - a reward where the Target is an ItemDrop prefab. You can set amount and level of given item
2) Skill - a reward where the Target is Skill name. Example Skill: Run, 10. Will give +10 levels of run skill to player who finished a quest
3) Pet - a reward where the Target is a Tameable Creature prefab that will spawn already tamed. You can set amount and level of given pet
4) Skill_EXP - a reward where the Target is Skill name. Example Skill_EXP: Run, 100. Will give +100 exp of run skill to player who finished a quest
5) EpicMMO_EXP - a reward where the Target is amount of exp. Example EpicMMO_EXP: 100. Will give +100 exp of EpicMMO skill to player who finished a quest
6) Battlepass_EXP - a reward where the Target is amount of exp. Example Battlepass_EXP: 100. Will give +100 exp of Battlepass skill to player who finished a quest
Quest Requirements Types:
1) Skill - example: Skill: Run, 10. Will make so that only if you have skill Run at least 10 levels you can accept this quest
2) OtherQuest - example: OtherQuest: MyQuestID123. Will make so that only if you have completed quest with ID MyQuestID123 you can accept this quest
3) GlobalKey - example: GlobalKey: defeated_gdking. Will make so that quest is only acceptable if yagluth was killed on server
4) EpicMMO_Level - example: EpicMMO_Level: 20. Will make so that quest is only acceptable if player has at least 20 EpicMMO levels (other mod API)
5) HasItem - example: HasItem: SwordIron. Will make so that quest is only acceptable if player has at least 1 SwordIron in inventory
6) NotFinished - example: NotFinished: MyQuestID123. Will make so that quest is only acceptable if player has NOT finished quest with ID MyQuestID123
Please note that Quest Rewards and Quest Requirements may be multiple in one quest. You can add them as much as you want with | symbol. Example:
Item: SwordIron, 1, 5 | Pet: Wolf, 2, 10 | Skill: Run, 2 | Item: Coins, 100
^ quest will give 1 Iron Sword level 5, 2 Wolves level 10, +2 levels of Run skill and 100 coins
Same for requirements:
OtherQuest: MyQuest123 | HasItem: PickaxeIron | Skill: Run, 10
^ quest will be only acceptable if player has completed quest with ID MyQuest123, has at least 1 PickaxeIron in inventory and has at least 10 levels of Run skill
So… Now that we know all of these things lets create our first quest! I will create a quest where player will need to kill 10 wolves and get 100 Coins + Iron Sword level 3 as a reward with no quest requirements (i will leave it to None). I will set quest cooldown to be 10 in-game days (5 hours real time)
My quest looks like that:
This is my first quest!
And this is my first quest description!
Item: SwordIron, 1, 3 | Item: Coins, 100
Same rules apply to writings as ingame and discord:
No homophobia, racism, sexism, discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Upload a file in format (txt, pdf, docx or doc) Maximum size is 30MB: